10 Traits of Highly Effective Leaders
- They put their people first. They are servant leaders.
2. They build trust with their team members by first trusting them.
3. They view developing their people as their top priority.
4. They know that managers do things right, but leaders do the right thing.
5. They are accountable and own their mistakes.
6. They encourage their people to take chances and never shoot the messenger.
7. They are clear, concise, and direct in their communication and take responsibility for being understood.
8. They treat their people with respect and expect them to treat each other with respect.
9. They don’t follow the Golden Rule — They break it, and treat each of their team members they way they want to be treated.
10. They praise in public and coach in private.